Thursday, September 10, 2015

Farewell "Big Sky Country"...

Montana's nickname is Big Sky Country and today's pictures should give you a hint at the reason why. We drove the length of the state today, leaving behind the lushness of Glacier and heading into rolling, long flat stretches with the Rockies always in view.

As we neared Idaho, we crossed the Madison River in Ennis, Montana. I thought my fly fisherman husband was going to jump out and leave me to find my own way home!!!! It's a pretty famous spot (for fisherman types) and he was drooling. But since we were headed for another fishing area in Idaho, he calmed down a bit.

We now sit camped on the banks of Henry's Lake in Idaho, not far from the west entrance toYellowstone. Bob will fish the nearby Henry's Fork-a notable fly fishing venue. I, on the other hand, intend to rest up! I know I am on vacation, but I need to stay put for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment