Sunday, August 9, 2015

Rainy, rainy day...wish I could send it to California!

Well friends, it's a very rainy day here in Talkeetna, but a great day of fishing for Bob! He came back with a big smile on his face and a tired arm from pulling in so many! If I have this right, he caught humpies, chums and pinks, but not any silvers. Apparently these are all salmon. Chums are used for dog food in Alaska, but fought hard and were fun to catch. I am afraid this is the first of many fish reports I will have to give! No pictures-the camera got wet and will not turn on. I am so thankful he took an old one with him!

I, on the other hand, did laundry and continued planning the next steps of our trip. We are actually killing time until the campgrounds open up in the Kenai. This is fishing derby time so they are booked solid until the 16th. So we will leisurely make our way south with some time in Willow and Wasilla. If you aren't looking at a map of Alaska for these blog entries, I am sure you will recognize the name of that town! That will be our stop to fill up the fridge and shelves once more plus get my nails done!!!!

It's day 26 of "tiny house living" and here's what I think-not enough storage space, not enough private space, and always feels a bit cluttered. If I ever chose to do this full time, I would need a much larger RV! But for an ultimate road trip to Alaska, we are doing just fine! Here's some inside shots at our
 "glamping" style!

No comments:

Post a Comment